Scope of WorkThis position is situated under the Environment and Industrial Hygiene Manager The job holder will:
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of assigned environmental studies on scope and budget.
- Provide specialist advice in impact assessment on environmental matters in order that the company can demonstrate sound environment management, ensure legal compliance and minimize the potential for litigation or damage to the company's reputation.
- Ensure successful realization of data collection initiatives through efficient coordination of field teams.
- Ensure mitigation of the negative impacts of NOC's activities on the environment.
- Identify unanticipated negative impacts and communicate these to management.
- Be up to date with local perceptions of NOCs environment performance and anticipate risks.
- Ensure that contractors act responsibly according to their contractual responsibilities.
- Ensure env permitting requirements for new projects are met for legal compliance
- Assist pre-projects, projects and assets to develop different types of Environmental Studies including Social component of associated studies (ERA, ENVID, ESIA&ESBS, Due Diligence etc.) and assist entities to develop necessary environmental studies for non-routine operations.
- Prepare SOWs, participate in CFTs, evaluated bidders, make technical recommendations, follow up env studies performance and ensure successful delivery of study objectives, on time and on budget.
- Coordinate field teams engaged in field data collection for baseline studies.
- Cooperate with other departments to identify permits which may be required and ensure timely acquisition of the permits.
- Engage with concerned local authorities in the management of existing permits and the release of unused permits.
- Prepare and present summary materials concerning environmental compliance for stakeholder consultation meetings.
- Develop and coordinate and also plan for the enforcement measures to minimize/prevent any negative impacts on the environment.
- Cooperate with other company Departments in co-ordination of compliance strategies and implementing regional environmental compliance demands.
- Collect and manipulate data required for all reporting requirements (including reports to regulators, reports to shareholders, reports to sites.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and NOC HSE standards.
- Coordinate efforts for quality assurance/control in all aspects of the implementation of monitoring, programmes, and ensuring appropriate levels of documentation at all stages.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to enquiries and claims regarding company environmental protection and performance.
- Develop, review and sign-off EMS documents related to the project (Environmental philosophy, EMP, CMP, WMP, monitoring, reporting, etc...) and assist to the project to submit all dossiers to the authority on time.
- Ensure that ESIA recommendations and commitments are incorporated within projects at site level and managed effectively
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice. Train staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Focal point for the site restitution plan of assets
- Assist to ENV&IH Manager in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Mentor and guide subordinates (when required).
- Other activities which may arise and are related to the job assignment.
- Bachelor degree in environmental engineering or related discipline
- Typically 3 years professional experience in an environment team in an operational setting (preferably offshore, oil and gas or other similar industry).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local environmental legislation.
- Thorough understanding of globally accepted ESIA methods and Env Risk Assessment Techniques.
- Good understanding of International best practices and standards e.g. IFC, IPIECA.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Project Management skills.
- Strong report writing and analytical skills.
Please quote position code HSE016 when applying