Scope of Work
- To support safe operations by providing short-term support for tasks requiring advanced expertise, for all Electrical systems.
- Provide front line Electrical & HVAC technical support and solutions.
- Position interacts daily with Offshore Electrical & HVAC Supervisors, Tier 1 Maintenance Coordinators, Operations Centre Manager / personnel, Departmental Planners, Contracts and Procurement Department, Warehouse, Maintenance Engineering Department and Offshore Team Leaders.
- Position has interactions with external stakeholders (Contractor Management).
- Input into budgets by drawing on experience to highlighting any unusual or unexpected impacts on budgets from unplanned or unaccounted work scopes.
- Encourage and foster Incident Free environment through role model safety behaviors and take corrective action wherever necessary.
- Foster and reinforce positive HSE performance by vendor personnel, contractors and peers.
- Ensuring compliance with HSE legislation, company standards and procedures under the area of responsibility to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance and responsible environmental attitude.
- Provide first level specialist technical advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel on the maintenance of plant/equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis and investigations where required involving multidiscipline teams.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the site base operations; preparation of scopes of work for short term interventions, organization of vendors, supply direct support to site requests (vendors, spare parts, tooling, technical procedures, work packs and work order resourcing.
- Ensure daily communication with NOC-OC T1 & Maintenance Support T3 and provide support where required on technical issues. Attend daily video conference call with offshore OTL’s and discipline supervisors.
- Proactive management of all safety and business critical backlog.
- Visit offshore sites on regular basis to enhance collaboration and promote the understanding of goals to ensure information flow is maintained efficiently.
- Manage the repair process for critical equipment, including visits to local vendor workshops and warehouses.
- Monitor the efficiency of the maintenance strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant/equipment and feedback to Maintenance Engineering.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of all activities, improve equipment reliability and reduce operating.
- Contractor/vendor performance management.
- Share and adopt best practices across the company, support and identify opportunities to enhance consistency and alignment between assets, where practicably possible.
- All staff must be willing to participate in Crisis Response Training and to assist during Emergency Response Situations if required
- Degree or industry recognized technical qualifications supported by industry experience (offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in the oil and gas industry in a similar role. Supervisory experience an advantage.
- Skilled and experienced in working in a multi-cultural and highly technical specialized environment.
- Recognized level of expertise in Electrical Maintenance operations.
- Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of cross discipline maintenance requirements, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and planning processes.
- Versatile, resilient and able to interact effectively with peers.
- Medically fit to travel to offshore oil and gas platform.
- Results driven approach and attitude.
- Fluent in English written and oral communication skills.
Deadline for submission of applications will be on April 5, 2018.
Please quote position code FOP061 when applying