This is a permanent and residential position based in the head office with occasional visit to offshore. The position is situated under Field Operations Maintenance & Inspection (M&I) / Maintenance Support.
To check, verify and develop the safe, implementation and execution of wo's for Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) activities in close liaison with, Vendors engineers, Departmental Planners, Contracts and Procurement Department, Warehouse, Campaign/Shutdown Team Leads & Coordinators, Field Operations Inspection department, Maintenance Engineering Department, NOC Operations Centre Manager and T1/T2 Maintenance Coordinators.
- Encourage and foster Incident Free environment through role model safety behaviors and take corrective action wherever necessary.
- Foster and reinforce positive HSE performance by vendor personnel, contractors and peers.
- Ensuring compliance with HSE legislation, company standards and procedures under the area of responsibility to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance and responsible environmental attitude.
- Provide robust PPM and CM data to support safe and efficient preparation, planning, execution and close out of base operations, campaign and shutdown maintenance activities in accordance with good engineering practice and company standards.
- Provide first level specialist technical advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel on the maintenance of plant/equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis and investigations where required.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the site base operations; preparation of scopes of work for short term interventions, organization of vendors, supply direct support to site requests (vendors, spare parts, tooling, technical procedures, work packs and work order resourcing.
- Provide technical and administrative support to campaign and shutdown teams to ensure the overall readiness and execution of scopes in line with campaign shutdown gate criteria process. Work order resourcing..
- Visit offshore sites on regular basis to enhance collaboration and promote the understanding of goals to ensure information flow is maintained efficiently.
- Manage the repair process for critical equipment, including visits to local vendor workshops and warehouses.
- Provide coaching and support to Qatari nationals in development roles.
- Ensure 4 months and 5 weeks planning are optimized, liaise with planning department and attend weekly IOP meetings to ensure gate criteria are achieved. (spares, vendor mobilizations, tooling, shipment, PR’s)
- Proactive contribution to reduce safety and business critical backlog.
- Monitor the efficiency of the maintenance strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant/equipment and feedback to Maintenance Engineering.
- Participate, as appropriate, in vendor/contractual audits.
- Execution of class 2 modifications (vendor based modifications).
- According to inspection instructions, manage the ESDV assurance testing.
- Set objectives and seek feedback of personal performance of self, peers and contractors and provide regular feedback and give guidance on improvements where necessary. Develop proper personal target in line with NOC performance management guideline.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of activities within area of responsibility, improve equipment reliability and reduce operating costs.
- Act as contract representative with ownership and cost management responsibility for key 3rd party operational support services.
- Contribute technical expertise and experience to promote contractor/vendor performance management.
- Share and adopt best practices across the company, support and identify opportunities to enhance consistency and alignment between assets, where practicably possible.
All staff must be willing to participate in Crisis Response Training and to assist during Emergency Response Situations if required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree or industry recognized technical qualifications supported by industry experience (offshore and onshore oil and gas facilities).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in the oil and gas industry in a similar role. Supervisory experience an advantage.
- Skilled and experienced in working in a multi-cultural and highly technical specialized environment.
- Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of cross discipline maintenance requirements, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and planning processes.
- Expert user of SAP Maintenance module
- Versatile, resilient and able to interact effectively with peers and Senior Management on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a large team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Industry recognized training and professional certification.
Deadline for submission of applications is on April 26, 2018
Please quote position code FOP085 when applying